Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Peer Mediation

Are you a peer mediator? Have you ever been peer mediated?
Or do you have no idea what a peer mediator is? In Heathcote School, the fourth and fifth graders get the opportunity to help younger kids solve lunch or recess problems, such as someone calling someone else a bad name or insulting them.
Peer mediators get assigned a grade, time, and day to peer mediate. I peer mediate the third and fifth graders from 11:45 to 12:15.
Since I am only in fourth grade it is kind of awkward to peer mediate the fifth graders. You also get peer mediation partners. My partners are Emily and Luke. One way that I have helped already is that when some people were calling each other names I told them that they were being really mean. They listened to me and stopped. Peer mediation really works!
Now you know that when someone is being mean, you can come to the peer mediators and we will help solve your problem.

                               By: Meena V.

No comments:

Post a Comment