Tuesday, April 28, 2015

I got contacts!

by Allison

I got contacts on Friday 4/17/15! I went to eye doctor because I couldn’t see anything. After I got new prescription my eye doctor and my mom talked about contacts. My mom asked a few questions and I ended up getting contacts that day.
They started training me by: Telling me to wash my hands before putting in or taking out contacts. She also told me that if she felt and if I felt I could handle them I took them home. After washing my hands my eye doctor grabbed some contacts (my prescription) and put them in my eye, it felt weird. After, my eye doctor put in my contacts she called another eye doctor to show me how to take them off. After, she showed me how to take them off. I tried taking them them off, seemed easy to me. Then she showed me how to put them on. That took me tons of tries.


I got disposable contacts that means that I throw out my contacts after I use them. It also means that I have more than one pair when some people have one pair that they put in a container and have to clean them instead of throwing them out. Disposable contacts also cost less. I was told that everyday I would add two hours what I mean by that is: On friday I would wear them for two hours, the next day four, next day six, and etc.
The next day after getting contacts I had to put them back in, it took me quite a while to get the right one in. My sister put in my left because I couldn’t do it.
My overall opinion on contacts is that they are worth the the struggle to put them in. When I put them in for the very first time it felt strange to see the world clearly with glasses. When you wear contacts you don’t feel the contacts in your eye.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment