Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Yu Yuan (a King's garden)

By: Ronald F.
In the summer, I went to Shanghai. In Shanghai, we visited a king’s garden called Yu Yuan. It was built hundreds of years ago.  I think you should go there because it is an ancient, wonderful place.

Yu yuan is a garden with many houses. All houses are used for a different purpose. Most are used for living, but some are for looking at the land, some are for resting, and one is for looking at performances. It is massive so I don’t expect you to finish looking at the whole thing in one day. I went on a Chinese taxi. Chinese taxis don’t have seat belts. When we got off we crossed the road and went to buy tickets. Each ticket was bought using Chinese money. The king’s garden was built by a king. The king built it all by himself. It has mostly houses. So when I got in there was a bridge. Many people are on the bridge so you have to push through the crowd to get in. Then there are a bunch of tunnels. When I went through the tunnel I found many houses. The gates blocked the entrances to the houses. I passed many houses. Most had carvings on top. The carvings are very detailed. We walked for two hours and then we had to go back home.


When we were going home I saw a man selling knives and axes. I begged my dad to get one. The only problem was it was too expensive. The cost for one weapon equals a whole trip around the garden. We called a taxi and went home. It was great!


Image result for yuyuan garden

No comments:

Post a Comment